Diagnosis & Improvement of Risk Management Processes – Major Port
- This large port, as part of their diversification strategy are investing over 30M in 25 complex projects that involves renewable energy, estate development and infrastructure improvement. The port required a diagnostic at its existing risk management process for managing complex programs and projects.
- Work with the Programme Delivery Board to diagnose risk management at a strategic level.
- To improve capability of project managers in risk identification, reporting, mitigation and contingency planning.
- Diagnosis of the risk management process and design of improvements in frameworks and reporting.
- Advising the Programme Board on changes to existing agenda that incorporates risk reporting across projects.
- Delivered workshop and training events to 15 key project staff in key aspects of risk management and its embedding.
- Kinetiks’ insight for the Programme Board created a more joined up Board approach to risk.
- Kinetiks’ capability development with project managers was rated as 42% excellent (with 100% overall satisfaction).
Improving Operational ‘flow’ and Collaborative Physical Environment – London School
- A well-known London preparatory school was going to deliver large scale changes to its infrastructure and wanted to ensure that they had a collaborative environment
- We worked with school staff to identify impact on both student flows and classroom utilisation as a result of improved environments
- We were part of the strategic meetings with school head, owner and architect to study the proposed change
- As a result of our work, the school avoided a costly change of infrastructure as we realised this change would not facilitate flow of a timetable or enable students to maximise learning
- Our work also resulted in the school commencing a more through review of its capacity and work on infrastructural improvements that embedded student learning
Setting up a Performance Management Framework for Facilities Management – Large Bank
- The client managed the portfolio and facilities for over 2000 bank branches and 80 large buildings. They required a performance management process across the business along with an IT enabled system to support the required data
- Creation and execution of performance management framework to use across the whole of facilities management at levels of leadership, process and functional excellence
- Brought leadership team into a validated performance management framework that connected process measures to key performance indicators with a sustainable method to drive improvement
- Designed lead & lag performance indicators across 20 core processes to drive customer focused targets, regular structured reviews and better use of data
- Launched 20 processes with a detailed implementation plan for the rollout of a performance management framework with high engagement from the process owner
- The client managed to create and roll out key performance indicators, process performance indicators and supplier performance indicators in advance of implementation of its new IT system – saving significant costs that would have materialised had the changes not taken place
Business Systems Selection – Construction Group
- The client is a FTSE 350 business providing a range of services for the construction sector
- kinetik solutions was asked to help with creating a tender for a business support system for one of the client’s divisions
- We worked with all the stakeholders to identify the current and future processes, functional requirements, information and hardware requirements and created a robust tender. We created a high level assessment of potential suppliers
- We created the tender within 3 weeks of commencement which was signed by all stakeholders
Design of Performance Management Process for Assets – Airport Operating Company
- The client programme managed construction projects for a large airports business. It needed to implement a robust performance management process to ensure that optimum benefit was achieved, whilst meeting the needs of diverse stakeholders
- The performance management design was part of a larger organisational redesign of the business
- Design of a performance management process signed at all levels of the business
- Creation of a high level implementation plan
- Understanding of organisation capability to implement and sustain the new process
- Created a flexible process that fitted with existing client culture, validated with a range of stakeholders across the business
- Clearly identified ‘behaviours’ in the business that would ensure success of the process
- Ensured that current ‘good practice’ and knowledge were leveraged into the overall design
- Coached the client team, who conducted interviews with key stakeholders in the business
- Design completed and signed in 7 weeks and business ‘ready for implementation’
- The robustness of the design ‘exceeded expectations’ of client directors
Transformation Plan – Large Facility Services Provider
- The client, a FTSE 250 leader in facilities management services, was embarking on an IM/IT enabled large-scale transformation programme that would integrate its four disparate business units
- The client needed our expertise to deliver two things: a series of high-level workshops to define the functional requirements of transformed support services and to bring together a robust business case and benefits tracking mechanism for signoff by the board
- We ran a series of intensive workshops with senior directors and executives in the business to tease out the high-level functional requirements and process flows
- We carried out iterative work to build the business case and benefits-map to ensure that benefits could be tracked in full
- We delivered the full business case and functional requirements, meeting the expectations of the client board. Our work identified a high financial internal rate of return for the transformation which was then signed by the board
Embedding new Project Management Process – Major Port
- Milford Haven is the UK’s largest energy port and the biggest port in Wales. As part of its investment and redevelopment, it needed to improve its capability in project management
- To work with the senior management team to create a change project management process. It included rolling out training for 40 key staff as well as supporting the embedding of processes
- Reviewed the current project management process and worked with the Port to design improvements across their whole process
- Delivered training to 40 of their key staff in key aspects of project management over two days and in two cohorts
- Reviewed project board structures and helped create a better focus for their objectives and agenda
- Carried out a survey of current project management skills and gaps throughout the organisation
- Advised on the set-up of their project support office and coaching of new staff
- The project management approach is a key lever in the Ports’ strategy and is being used across its 70 live projects
- Feedback regarding the training of new principles and approach showed it was well received and early results indicate good buy into the new process