Change Management – Fortune 500 Recruiter.
- We have worked with a Fortune 500 recruiter, one of the largest in the world. Their global
success team looks to shape and sustain contracts across many geographies.
- We were asked to facilitate a diagnostic of operational processes, coach 21 staff in change skills and launch change projects.
- We facilitated an operational diagnostic for the end-to-end process of managing global clients.
- We ran several workshops using a ‘Learning by Doing’ methodology to help the team identify new opportunities and leverage capabilities in change.
- We provided 1-1 coaching to the individuals supporting them in expanding their thinking.
- Our work ignited cross-cutting themes around boarding processes for global clients and alignment of local and global contracts.
Diagnosis & Improvement of Risk Management Processes – Major Port
- This large port, as part of their diversification strategy are investing over 30M in 25 complex projects that involves renewable energy, estate development and infrastructure improvement. The port required a diagnostic at its existing risk management process for managing complex programs and projects.
- Work with the Programme Delivery Board to diagnose risk management at a strategic level.
- To improve capability of project managers in risk identification, reporting, mitigation and contingency planning.
- Diagnosis of the risk management process and design of improvements in frameworks and reporting.
- Advising the Programme Board on changes to existing agenda that incorporates risk reporting across projects.
- Delivered workshop and training events to 15 key project staff in key aspects of risk management and its embedding.
- Kinetiks’ insight for the Programme Board created a more joined up Board approach to risk.
- Kinetiks’ capability development with project managers was rated as 42% excellent (with 100% overall satisfaction).
Process Improvement/Change Management – Global Music
- The client, despite being a leader in the music industry, did not have an international system to manage and exploit its owned repertoire. The client required a global system to hold dynamic pre-cleared rights for global exploitation by its territories.
- Solution Design and Prototype.
- High Performance Team building.
- Stakeholder and Communication plan and rollout.
- Training rollout in 40 territories.
- End-to-End Process testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Data Analysis and Cleansing.
- Creation and management of a high performance team made up of client and contract staff to deliver a complete solution and implementation of new processes.
- Regular liaison with disparate stakeholders (territorial, global, IT, Program, contracted experts) to ensure that the highly political step of ‘pre-cleared’ international reuse of territorial owned repertoire went live on time and to budget.
- Project completed on time to budget, despite tight budgets and a bespoke team.
- The ability of the client to have a system based ‘pre-cleared’ reuse of music is a first in the music world meeting a strategic need.
Rapid Improvement Event – Global Car Rental Business
- The company is a global car rental business that embarked on Lean Transformation throughout the world. Kinetik solutions helped deliver rapid improvement and Kaizen events.
- A four-day value-stream mapping event looking at a product that generates 9% of sales revenue to identify improvement opportunities.
- Worked with all the key players in the end-to-end process in an intensive workshop environment to identify value, take process measurements, map the process visually and agree to both quick wins and longer solutions.
- Overall, the event identified over $360k worth of cost benefit in improving the process as well as a potential of increase in revenue of $720K. More importantly, the teams were engaged to deliver benefits within six months.
Lean Kaizen event – Global Car Rental Business
- The client office at an international airport handled a volume of up to 1500 cars per week with a variety of ‘peak’ times. Its counter process was highly variable and did not encompass the three areas of providing information, ‘upselling’ and efficient administration. Consequently, standard booking time varied from 7.5 minutes to 12 minutes.
- This was part of a larger implementation of Lean training and Kaizen events throughout the UK and globally.
- A five-day Kaizen event to deliver standard time for the process of at least 6.5 minutes.
- A 5S program that included a standard visual workplace to assist both the staff and customers.
- A highly accelerated and intensive workshop carried out over five days using Lean-Kaizen tools.
- Facilitated a cross-functional team which focused in great detail on the process by observation, measurement, discussion and innovation.
- The theme of visual documentation and use of white space and cameras to capture output and drive the next steps as part of a ‘Plan-Do-Check-Act’ cycle.
- The five-day workshop delivered a standard counter time of 6.5 minutes which was piloted and taken live.
- A highly visual work centre for each staff member was designed, which limited unnecessary movement, provided efficient and effective service and enabled the staff to focus on the customer.
- The client is confident that the new process will result in significant increases in ‘upsell revenues’ within six months of implementation.
Strategic Review of Core Competencies – Large UK Charity
- A large UK charity wanted us to facilitate a workshop to understand its core competencies as part of it’s strategic review. We ran a workshop with 25 senior members of staff over a course of 2 days.
- We helped to understand and create a list of 19 core competencies within a 2 dimensional matrix for the organisation.
- We also helped to identify 45 potential partners that could provide better capacity for core competencies.
- We ran focused interviews with key staff to understand core competencies and areas that could be divested.
- We created an agenda that allowed time and space for new thinking as well as collaborative learning.
- Our workshop output was an input to the overall strategy and was developed to enhance core competencies.
- We had excellent feedback from the Chief Executive and many participants including ‘the work from kinetik has value in engaging the senior team in a cohesive planning process to enable strategic thinking’.
- The output of our work will play a key part in strategic changes that the organisation is embarking on.
Change of Project Management Process for a Major Port
- Milford Haven is the UK’s largest energy port and the biggest port in Wales. As part of its investment and redevelopment it needed to improve its capability in project management.
- To work with the senior management team to create a change project management process. It included rolling out training for 40 key staff as well as support the embedding of a process.
- Reviewed the current project management process and worked with the Port to design improvements across their whole process.
- Delivered Training to 40 of their key staff in key aspects of project management over two days and in two cohorts.
- Reviewed project board structures and helped create a better focus for their objectives and agenda.
- Carried out a survey of current project management skills and gaps throughout the organisation.
- Advised on the set-up of their project support office and how to coach new staff.
- The project management approach is a key lever in the Ports’ strategy and is being used across its 70 live projects.
- Feedback regarding the training of new principles and approach showed it was well received and early results indicate good buy into the new process.